|Public Bulletin||A park pass is required all year for hiking or use of other services in the park; park entry fee applies. Check in at the Parks Canada Visitor Centres in Chéticamp (16 Visitor Centre Rd, situated on the west side of the park) or in Ingonish (37637 Cabot Trail, on the east side of the park) to obtain passes, information on visitor safety and any other information you may need, including a trail location map.|
|Where To Find Us||
Trailhead: Opposite the Chéticamp Visitor Centre.
16 Visitor Centre Rd
Cheticamp, NS B0C 1L0
|Areas Served||Inverness County|
Description & Services
|Trail Rating||Moderate: Steep inclines. Rugged sections. Stream crossings.|
Significant Features: Ocean and mountain scenery
Length: 8.4 km (5.2 mi) loop
Hiking Time: 3 - 4 hours
Elevation: 20 - 365 m (65 - 1200 ft.)
Climb 365 metres above the Chéticamp River for panoramic views of the Acadian coastline, the Chéticamp river valley and the park's highland interior. Benches along the way let you rest periodically and enjoy the scenery. Watch how the forest changes as you climb steadily to the top and be on the look-out for black bear and moose.
For your comfort and safety:
- Do not approach, disturb or feed wild animals.
- Take along appropriate clothing - rapid weather changes often occur on the plateau or along the coast.
- Carry water with you, especially for longer trails, climbs or open barrens.
- Bring insect repellent as black flies and mosquitoes are common all summer.
- Mountain bikes are permitted only where indicated, for public safety and protection of the environment.
- Stay on boardwalks to protect fragile vegetation.
- Do not throw food or scraps along the trails or roads.
- Read "Keep it Wild, Keep it Safe" brochure, available at park visitor centres.
|Hours||Hiking Time: 3–4 hours|
|Dates||Mid May until mid-October.|
|Accessibility||Partially Wheelchair Accessible - Bilingual/Multilingual staff available|